Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Sainte Jeanne D'Arc



I have always had a thing for Joan of Arc ever since I can remember. When I was 7, I watched an old black and white movie on the television of Joan of Arc played by Ingrid Bergman. This movie captivated me because a woman so young died so tragically for her unrelenting beliefs. In the end, I cried my eyes out when she burned at the stake and I was stunned to learn this was a true story.

In commemoration of her, I created an assemblage necklace in her name. An antique Victorian repousse match safe vesta is combined with 2 art deco paste brooches. One a crown, the other a fleur de lis. The obverse has an antique French Sainte Jeanne D'Arc medal decorated with a fleur de lis. It suspends from an Art Deco silver filigree bead necklace. You can find it at my Etsy shop, Metal Corset.

No comments:

Post a Comment