Thursday, July 12, 2012

My Cross To Bear





 
I found this amazing Art Deco pot metal and paste rhinestone shoe buckle with a hidden design of a cross and created this spectacular religious assemblage/altered art bracelet named, "My Cross To Bear".

It features carved pre-ban ivory Pikake flowers which are further accentuated with delicate silver filigree bead caps and creamy ivory baroque pearls (unsure if they are faux or real but I believe they may be vintage Czech Glass).

An additional length of silver plated rolo chain has been added to fit any sized wrist. For the ease of application (or putting on), I've added an Art Deco paste button to the end of the chain.

A hand forged/hammered 16 gauge sterling silver clasp closes the piece.

Measures 8.75" open from the end of clasp to the end of button.

No comments:

Post a Comment