Monday, April 29, 2013

MEMENTO MORI AND ROYALIST JEWELRY












Lately, I've noticed a refocus on memento mori and Charles I Royalist jewelry.  I've long been fascinated with the history associated and their beauty.  Out of all the jewelry I've collected over the years, the Stuart crystal pieces, including many Royalist pieces, are favorites.

The images are mostly from the web and are the most beautiful, in my opinion, of memento mori and Royalist pieces I've come across.  I continue to covet them and so desperately need to win that lottery!  Enjoy the beautiful images!

PS-The last photo shows Elizabeth I's ring encrusted with rubies. Inside, two jeweled portraits, one of herself and one of her mother, Anne Boleyn. (I couldn't resist!)

2 comments:

  1. I am very astonished by the data of this blog and i am happy i had a look in excess of the blog. thank you so much for sharing such great data.
    sell my gold in Houston
    sell jewelry Houston

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Michael for stopping by. I'm glad you my blog informative! Please come visit me again!

    ReplyDelete